First-Time Exam Fees
- Exam Fees Tennessee: $575
- Final Absolute Deadline: No applications will be accepted after December 20 for the February/Winter examination or May 20 for the July/Summer examination. These are the only deadlines and they are absolute. No requests for extensions or waivers will be considered.
- Refund Policy
- Examination Fees: Non-transferable. Refund of $150 if written notice of withdrawal received by FEBRUARY 1 for February exam or by JULY 1 for July exam.
- Other fees are not refundable.
- No Refund if Notice of Withdrawal Received after February 1 for February Exam or July 1 for July Exam.
- NOTE: for exam fees, there is no credit given for previously paid fees net of any refund. The previously paid fee is an administrative fee for processing the application.
Miscelleanous Fees effective January 1, 2016:
- Returned Check Fee: Fee charged by bank plus $10
- Copy Fee: $20
- Archive Fee: $40
- License Fee: $150 (paid as part of registration with the Board of Professional Responsibility)
- Reissue License: $25
- Practice Pending Admission Registration (§§ 5.01(g) or 10.04): $40
- Practice Pending Admission Re-registration: $25
The TNBLE is unable to accept credit card payments. Application fees may be paid by check or money order and mailed to our office or paid in person by check, money order, or cash. Regardless of method of payment, exam fees must be received on or before 4:30 p.m. prevailing Central time (CST/CDT) on the day of the deadline.This is a received by deadline, not a postmark deadline.