- Re-Exam Tennessee: $375.
- Final Absolute Deadline: No applications will be accepted after December 20 for the February/Winter examination or May 20 for the July/Summer examination. These are the only deadlines and they are absolute. No requests for extensions or waivers will be considered.
- Applications submitted and paid on or before the Initial Deadline of December 1 for the February exam or May 1 for the July exam will be reviewed by the Board and notice of deficiencies will be sent for missing or non-conforming items. Applications submitted and paid after the Initial Deadline will not be reviewed prior to the deadline and notice of deficiencies will not be provided by email, mail, phone or in-person.
- Refund Policy
- Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE except that examination fees are refundable only to the extent provided below. Fees are due upon filing of an application. No step in the admissions process may be taken except upon payment of the fees required for that step. See Tenn. Sup. Ct. R. 7, §§ 11.01 -11.03
- Examination Fees:
- Non-transferable. Refund of $150 if found ineligible to sit or if written notice of withdrawal received by FEBRUARY 1 for February exam or by JULY 1 for July exam.
- No Refund if Notice of Withdrawal Received after February 1 for February Exam or July 1 for July Exam
- NOTE: For exam fees, there is no credit given for previously paid fees net of any refund. The previously paid fee is an administrative fee for processing the application.
Uniform Bar Examination Transfer Application
- UBE Score Transfer Application Fee: $625
- Copy Fee: $20
- Archive Fee: $40
- License Fee: $150 (paid as part of registration with the Board of Professional Responsibility)
- Reissue License: $25
- Practice Pending Admission Registration (§§ 5.01(g) or 10.04): $40
- Practice Pending Admission Re-registration: $25
The TNBLE is unable to accept credit card payments. Application fees may be paid by check or money order and mailed to our office or paid in person by check, money order, or cash. exam fees must be received on or before the office closes at 4:30 p.m. prevailing Central time (CST/CDT) on the day of the deadline. This is a received by deadline, not a postmark deadline.
Re‐Activate Admission Application: Exam Scores are valid for three years but applicants approved for licensing must take the oath of admission, completing the licensing process within 2 years. Applicants with valid scores but an expired application shall submit a Re‐Activation Application, a supplemental NCBE application and request for background investigation, and pay the fee. Upon receipt of the completed supplemental background investigation and approval of the Board, an amended Certificate of Eligibility will be issued.