Welcome to the updated website for the Tennessee Board of Law Examiners. In the top bar of each page is the site index. The index includes the following links:
- Admission by Examination Score – for applicants seeking admission by examination in Tennessee or transferred UBE score
- Admission without Examination – for applicants seeking admission based on at least 5 years of practice, military spouse applicants, or as In House Counsel or Foreign Legal Consultant registrants
- Governing Authorities – for all applicants, provides links to Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 7, Board Policies and Procedure, Fee Schedules, and Law Student Practice (§ 10.03) forms
- Tennessee Law Course – for all applicants, provides information about the mandatory course on Tennessee jurisprudence and related outlines
- Licensing, Registration and Admissions Information – steps to take for all applicants upon approval by the Board for licensing.
Upon clicking the link for Admission by Examination Score or Admission without Examination in the Index, you will be taken to Directory Page with links for how to apply for each type of admission, practice pending admission or supervised practice information, as well as additional information regarding admission and application requirements.
The Directory Page for Admission by Examination score includes links to Governing Authorities, How to Apply for each type of application, as well as additional information regarding admission and application requirements, the examination, results, FAQs and forms.
The Directory Page for Admission without Examination score includes links to Governing Authorities, instructions for how to apply for each type of admission or registration, as well as additional information regarding admission and application requirements, FAQs and forms.
At the end of each page are quick links to the Index, directory pages and FAQs.